Life in the Days of COVID-19
As always, the team at Stellar Healthcare has one goal in mind: providing the best health care to our patients in the safest manner possible.
What we are doing to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff during this unprecedented time of COVID-19.
- We screen all appointments at the clinic by telephone, so we know in advance if someone is coming to the clinic who has been exposed to COVID-19. Those patients are seen in the Stellar Screening Shack set up in the rear parking lot, to avoid introducing the virus into the clinic.
- We have all non-illness visits on one side of the clinic, and ill visits are confined to specific rooms on the other side of the clinic. Ill patients are escorted directly into these rooms so as not to be waiting in the lobby.
- Any patient with illness symptoms of sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose is asked to put on a mask and use hand sanitizer prior to entering the clinic. These supplies are provided.
- We have arranged the waiting room furniture for social-distancing and ask any family or friends not required in the patient appointment to wait in the car instead of sitting in the waiting room.
- We have locked up all the children’s toys and closed the children’s play area, and discontinued use of waiting room magazines and newspapers.
- We are suspending “routine” wellness physicals/and well child checks for the time being.
- We are implementing tele-health visits in the very near future (likely the week of 3/23/2020) for appointments like mental health and simple concerns that can be handled through use of telemedicine.
- We will continue to see our well baby visits who are due for immunizations. We will have these patients enter the clinic through the back door and go into a special exam room limited to well babies only.
- All Stellar Staff are screened for symptoms twice daily and have temperatures checked and recorded by our safety officer.
- We are constantly checking for the latest guidance from the CDC and the State Health Department. Right now, we are providing limited testing for COVID. As tests become more readily available, we will ramp up our testing.
Remember with this virus, Facts not Fear. Get your health information from a real science-based site. Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face. Cough into your elbow. Stay 3 feet apart. If you are sick, stay home.